KENYAN DIASPORA FOR KENYA
P.O. Box 53005
Washington DC, 20009
RE: Current Famine Crisis Facing a Large Population of Kenyans
There is a sense of urgency in the call to action created by the current famine crisis facing a large population of Kenyans that threatens the lives of thousands of families in various parts of Kenya. Kenyan Diaspora for Kenya [www.KDFK.org] partnership has been formed with the goal of raising funds in support of the famine relief initiatives currently taking place in Kenya.
The KDFK Famine Relief Initiative Committee will be taking up the challenge of raising funds to help alleviate the current famine. We are calling on Kenyans and friends of Kenya in the Diaspora to play our part and “Be Our Brothers’ Keeper” in this time of need.
We must rise up and act NOW in one accord because no effort is considered too small. The KDFK Famine Relief Initiative Committee seeks to raise vital funds that will be used to provide lifesaving food, medicine and urgent care for the afflicted and indigent in the most severely affected regions.
The goal is to dedicate 100% of the funds raised towards the relief effort channeled through the Kenyans for Kenya Initiative
As part of our fundraising efforts, we are also holding a ‘Harambee’/Fundraising drive on October 29th, 2011 starting from 4:00pm to 9.00pm at:
College Park Church of the Nazarene
9704 Rhode Island Avenue
College Park, MD 20740
Guest Speaker: H.E. Elkanah Odembo, Kenyan Ambassador to the U.S.
Additionally, we are encouraging all donors of good will who may be unable to attend the scheduled event to contribute using the methods described below. These contributions may be made immediately and will be part of the total effort:
1. Bank Account No: Bank of America RTN: 054-001-204 ACCT#226004958327
3. Mail Checks Payable to: KCF
(Memo-Famine Donation Account)
P.O Box 53005 Washington DC 20009
All donations received are tax deductible.
In the meantime, if interested in donating items for auction, food/drinks/decorations or other material in support for the October 29th, 2011 fundraising drive, please contact the steering committee at 301-346-7643 or email email@example.com.
All ideas in support of this Famine relief fundraising drive are highly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. If you would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned or visit our website at www.kdfk.org
1. Pastor Julius Bii-Tumaini Baptist Church
2. Nelson Mutai-Tumaini Baptist Church
3. Salome Chumba – Tumaini Church
4. Bishop Paul Mulani-Disciples Fellowship International Church
5. Josephat Kimindu- Disciples Fellowship International Church
6. Joseph Mutua- Disciples Fellowship International Church
7. Mr. Kepha Makori-Mwamogusii Association
8. Mr. Rev. Andrew Mweu- Mt Zion International Church
9. Mr. Anderea Onwonga-Kenyan International Community
10. Mr. Simon Ole Meeli-Kenya Christian Fellowship, DC-Chapter
11. Dr Daniel Karanja
12. Mr. Eric Ndaka – Kenya Christian Fellowship, DC-Chapter
13. Joyce Gacuga, – Kenya Christian Fellowship, DC-Chapter
14. Dr. Laban Tsuma – Kenya Christian Fellowship, DC-Chapter
15. Pastor Jeffrey Gatambia-Power House Church
16. Mr. Evans Ogora
17. Pastor Peter Osano – Life Source Church for All Nations
18. Felix Cheruiyot – Gotabgaa, Washington, DC
19. Isaac Kariuki – Diaspora Messenger
20. Mr. Anderson Kirui – African Youth Forum
21. Mr. Justus Mulwa
22. Boniface Kyalla, CPA, CFE
23. Dr. Truphena Choti
24. Thomas Mwaura
25. Julie Weche
26. Susan Roberts
27. Pastor, Preston Wambua- Gospel Assembly Church
God bless you for your generous donations!