Friday, November 16, 2007 17:34
It is time for right-thinking Kikuyus to speak. It is very unfortunate that a great lie is being told that all Kikuyus are Kibaki damu and will vote as a block for him. This is coupled with the other lie that all Kenyans abroad support PNU. I can openly tell you that Kibaki has next to no support here in Canada and in some Kikuyu strongholds back home. If Kibaki were to visit us here,he’ll find an empty room.
It is time we made some facts clear. For starters,not all Kikuyus follow Kibaki like sheep. As we talk now,residents of his home constituency,Othaya,are the laughing stock of the entire Kikuyu land. From the time they voted Kibaki in,they have seen the worst kind of development they wouldn’t wish on their worst enemy. For too long now,Kikuyus have been cheated that they’re the only ones who can lead. It is now clear that others can also lead. However,instead of working with them,Kibaki wants to finish them. But Kenyans know better.
There is no question that Kibaki is one of the richest Kikuyu in the world. Yet his supporters in Othaya and many parts of Central Province are some of the poorest people in Kenya. Yet it is well known that Kibaki has not brought an iota of development in Central Province. Just compare Othaya to the neighboring Githunguri or Kiambaa,you cannot believe the president comes from Othaya.
It’s sad that Othaya people still live in mud huts without roads or electricity more than 30 years since Kibaki became the area MP.
In his selfish quest for the presidency,Kibaki has been telling blatant lies,hoping that he can develop a momentum that will usher him into the high office before the people realise his lies. By then it will be too late. Kibaki is a clever manipulator who is working on Kenyan’s predilection of being attracted by the grass on the other side of the river,the unknown and any idea from abroad,and sometimes mistakenly clamoring for change for the heck of change. We are therefore calling out his lies now:
1. Kibaki’s hatred for non-Kikuyus is a ploy. All he is doing is working up the politics of the 1960′s on the mindless Kikuyus masses,yet Kenyans have been busy building barriers across tribes. He has brought us back more than 40 years and now everyone hates Kikuyus.
2. Kibaki lies that Majimbo is a concept that has never worked anywhere in the world. The United States is a majimbo government. Majimbo is what has made it so successful. Majimbo brings the government closer to the people,yet Kibaki lies to Kenyans that it would bring tribalism? What is Kibaki doing with all the money Kenyans pay in taxes? Why is Kibaki supporting corruption by attacking true freedom and prosperity for people? Show me one country that doesn’t admire the prosperity of the United States and we’ll call you a big liar. Majimbo is what made the U.S. what it is today and Kibaki must stop lying to Kenyans.
3. Kibaki killed the Constitution reforms. By cleverly bundling some contentious issues with the main agenda just to avoid keeping his end of the deal in the MoU,Kibaki was able to hoodwink some people into voting against proposed constitution reforms during the referendum. By now,Kenyans would be reaping from the benefits of those reforms had we accepted the Bomas draft supported by ODM and Wanjiku. Can Kibaki tell us why we don’t have a new constitution up to now?
4. Kibaki cannot deliver a new constitution period. He has failed in five years and there is no need to expect him to deliver now. Kibaki is a liar and he has no intention of reducing his powers. He wants to continue with the powers so that his wife Lucy can continue to attack Kenyan busy trying to make a living. Kibaki just wants to abuse his powers by allowing foreigners to come to our country and spit in our faces. Kibaki is a coward and we need a real leader.
5. Kibaki fight against corruption is an insult to Kenyans. The truth is Kibaki he has been eating from the same corruption plate as his corrupt ministers like Murungi and Murungaru. We saw when anti-corruption Tzar was forced to leave the country because Kibaki’s people threatened his life after he discovered deep corruption in Kibaki’s government. Every year Kibaki and his cronies rob the tax payer at least Ksh 50 billion and stuffs his pockets. He has to stop!
6. Kibaki is selling the country to foreigners. Who did not see the Artur brothers and how they were allowed the privileges reserved for the highest government officials. The brothers also raided the Standard newspapers and assaulted Kenyans. Kibaki silently supported this act of defiling our nation and even allowed one of his ministers to defend the foreigners’ actions. Why is Kibaki selling us to foreigners? Why is Kibaki putting Kenyans in slavery conditions?
7. Kibaki is very untrustworthy. He signed an MoU with several leaders that helped him gain presidency in 2002 and then reneged on the deal. Now he’s cheating the same people to support him promising them things like VP post and other goodies yet he has on the side his close buddies who call the shots for him. Now Kibaki has brought together an amorphous group in the name of PNU,a group without clear structures and he expects Kenyans to follow him. The group has kept on fighting within itself yet Kibaki expects us to think it can form the government! Who can trust this man Kibaki?
8. Kibaki has signed a secret MOUs with Mungiki. This is an open secret. With Mungiki support,Kibaki plans to export terror in areas like Kibera and attack ODM candidates when they campaign in areas perceived to be his strongholds. It’s no wonder that women candidates have suffered the most. Kibaki has also started an attack on Muslims. Using friendly clergy,mostly from Central Province,Kibaki has sought to drive a wedge between Muslims and Christians and dividing the country along religious lines. His treatment of Muslims has been horrendous and he has marginalized NE,Coast and Nyanza Provinces for no reason at all.
9. It is do or die for Kibaki even if that means bloodshed despite the fact that he promised to be a one-term president. His wife Lucy has called State House a museum,insulting the integrity of the House whose symbol we hold high.
10. Kibaki is a liar and cannot be trusted. He tells lies thinking the Common Mwananchi has no way to verify the truth. Sometimes this is a deft trap to get into a name-calling contest with Raila. Recently,Kibaki lied to Muslims that none had been sent to foreign countries as terrorists only for a list to be produced. Kibaki has failed all Kenyans. He has not created jobs for the youth,nor has he built infrastructure necessary for fast development of our nation. Kibaki is a loser. For four years he refused to meet the people choosing to hide away in State House. Now,hardly a day passes without him giving bribes such as title deeds,schools,universities,districts and such nonsense. Where were you in the past four years Mr. President? Why the rushing frenzy of dishing goodies in the last minute?
Please pass this message to all Kikuyus and right-thinking Kenyans. Kikuyus can no longer afford to be alienated from the rest of Kenyans simply for the selfish satisfaction of General Kiguoya,Mwai Kibaki. We want to make it clear that not all Kikuyus follow Kibaki senselessly like sheep.
You can fool some people some time,but you cannot fool all the people all the time-Bob Marley.
President Kikuyus Against Kibaki Abroad (KAKA)
U.S.A. and Canada